Mission of the Los Angeles Airport Police Athletics & Activities League
LAAPAAL’s mission is to encourage and sponsor members of the Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association and the surrounding communities to participate in athletics and charity events that better the membership and the community at large.
As a key component of our efforts to support non-profit organizations, LAAPAAL is pleased to consider a charitable contribution to organizations headquartered in the Southern California Area.
Please note the following information on our donation program:
Our customary donation is access to the LAAPAAL’s Store merchandise. These items will provide the recipients with the ability to use store merchandise for fund raising efforts.
We only make monetary donations to federally-licensed 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable agencies. Requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the event date to be considered.
We are not able to offer official Los Angeles Airport Police Patches, badges, insignias or uniforms.
We are happy to consider a donation to non-profit organizations for fundraising purposes. Activities such as competitions, recognition events, holiday parties, door prizes, give-a-ways, raffles, or other incentives are eligible for donations from our store
Sponsorships or donations for individuals or teams, for example, walk-a-thons, contests, pageants, scholarships, or ambassador programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
We may provide support to organizations raising funds on behalf of another benefiting group.
Donations will be mailed directly to the not-for-profit organization; please do not submit additional delivery or residential addresses.
Outside of our Southern California communities of Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties, one request per non-profit organization will be accepted within a calendar year.
Prior to beginning the application process, we recommend that you have on hand the information listed below:
- Your organization’s legal name.
- This could be the name of a DBA, or a chapter that operates under the national organization’s Federal EIN number & 501(c)(3) status.
- Your organization’s current address, telephone, fax & email information.
- Your 501(c)(3) non-profit U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), or for schools, your NCES ID.
- If you do not know your organization’s U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), you can contact the IRS toll-free at:1-877-829-5500. If you do not know your NCES ID you can visit the NCES website.
- The name of the organization’s Executive Director, CEO, Principal or other lead executive. The mission statement and goals of the organization
- A brief description of the services provided by the organization
- Name, or description of the event you are requesting support for and event date. Details of how the charitable request will be used. A summary of the event theme and activities
- Details of the event budget and anticipated revenue
To submit a donation application online for a not-for-profit organization, fill out the form below. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact LAAPOA.
LAAPAAL is dedicated to our community and to the community we service. As we try to be of service to as many community projects as possible, we do have some guidelines. These guidelines are as follows:
- All donation requests must be submitted on the Request Form.
- Donation requests must be made sixty (60) days prior to the event. Due to the number of requests, we are unable to fulfill any requests not made in this time frame.
- Donations will be allocated on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Donations will be allocated quarterly. If your donation request has been approved you will be contacted by phone or email.
- To better serve the entire community, LAAPAAL can donate to an organization once in a twelve (12) month period from the date of the donation request.